PROPERTY VIEWINGS DURING CORONAVIRUS RESTRICTIONS AS OF 26/12/20
Following Government Restrictions from 26 December 2020, home moves are still permitted.
Estate Agents are permitted to remain open to facilitate the buying and selling pf property, including associated activities such as viewing of properties. However individuals are not permitted to enter the shop.
Alexander Reid & Frazer have put policy into place on all viewings for vendors and agents. We will ask clients to adhere to the guidelines set for each person’s safety.
Checklist for carrying out viewings
• Health check – the agent will confirm each vendors & viewers health prior to viewing
• Any contact should stay at a 2 metre safe distance
• Wipe clean all services before viewing commences and post viewing
• Viewings must be contactless, make sure all lights are on, cupboards and doors are open – reduce any need to touch anything in the property.
• Maximum of 2 viewers from one household at any time inside a home (no adults under the age of 16)
• Buyers will have to wait in their cars until they are told they can enter
• Minimise time limit within the property
• Viewings will be spaced out between each viewing with no back to back viewings
• Exit the property and discuss with vendor any questions the buyer might have
• Your agent will follow up with feedback and offers by telephone/email
Further tips on viewing homes;
First impressions count for a lot - but you should view a property at least twice, preferably at different times of the day, to give you a better idea of what's on offer. Location is a big priority, so check the surrounding area and local amenities. Here are a few things to think about to make sure it meets your requirements:
On the inside, check to see whether:
- Nearby main roads, or pubs, clubs or restaurants - they can be handy, but also noisy
- Nearby railway lines - or overhead flight paths
- The feel of the community - does it seem friendly?
- The aspect of the house - does it get enough light?
- Is the property well maintained?
- The age of the property
- Garden size
- The condition of nearby properties.
- The property needs updating - and if so, how much?
- Everything works, like the lights, taps, plugs and windows
- The rooms are big enough
- The fixtures and fittings are going to be included in the sale - especially if you like them
- You like the views, it feels like home.