Valuation - seek a valuation from a Propertymark Estate Agent, we are regulated and trained to offer professional advice.
Book a free, no obligation valuation today!
Once the property is on the market all viewings should be done virtually and online initially (e.g. by viewing a video of the property). Estate agents should help vendors create a property video with this checklist:
1. Preparation – vendors should imagine that they are preparing for an actual face-to-face viewing and their property will be clean, decluttered, and well lit.
2. Plan your route – plan where you are going to walk and ensure there is nothing blocking your path.
3. Concentrate on features - after planning the route to focus on the best spaces in the property.
4. Get the camera right - these days the camera on a smartphone or tablet are more than capable of capturing high-quality video footage. Vendors should record their video with their camera in landscape, or in other words hold their camera horizontally.
5. Lighting and sound – ideally, wait for a nice sunny day before recording and before filming turn on all the lights and make sure all the curtains and blinds are open. Film the outside and inside in separate parts so that the camera automatically adjusts to the light before hitting record.
6. No commentary - another consideration with the sound is commentary. Our advice is to leave this to the agent as they may want to add a voiceover.
7. Practice makes perfect – once vendors have tidied their property, decluttered, made the beds, planned their route, sorted out the ambience and have their camera or tablet ready to go. Practive makes perfect!
8. How to send a video? - once recording recoding has finished, send the video to the agent. There are two options for sharing videos with the agent:
a. Cloud backup service - for an android device this would be Google Drive, or an Apple device would be iCloud. Cloud backup should be enabled first, then login to either Google Drive or iCloud and share it using the agent’s email address.
Use Wetransfer -this option is less fiddly, go to Wetransfer.com, select the video files to send, add the agent’s email address and this website will send a download link to them.
Choose an Agent that's right for you, here at Alexander Reid & Frazer we are your trusted and local agents and we'll make a big deal of your biggest asset.
Property is a big deal. In fact, your property represents one of the biggest financial deals you'll ever be involved in. To make the most of your asset in one of today’s most dynamic markets, you deserve the best professional estate agency service. You deserve an estate agent that's going to make a really big deal of your sale.
Alexander Reid & Frazer has learned just about all there is to know about the property business. And as the market has developed, so have we. We've made sure that our experience is matched by our expertise. We've built a company based on proven professional knowledge of all areas of property law and estate agency, backed up by all the key professional bodies in surveying, valuation, sales and lettings.
You will be designated an expert sales/letting negotiator to work on your account. They will keep you informed 24/7 and always provide a high standard of customer service.
Generations of people in the Down district have entrusted their homes to Alexander Reid & Frazer because they know that they will be guaranteed invaluable, expert support every step of the way, from the first consolation to rewarding completion.
Why not email to book a valuation on email@example.com