This most attractive detached home offers a bespoke design and occupies an excellent site within the much admired Ferry Quarter on the shores of Strangford Lough and the edge of the beautiful village of Strangford.
Constructed to a high standard around seven years ago the house offers bright and spacious accommodation of an adaptable layout which is sure to appeal to a variety of purchasers who are seeking a wonderful village lifestyle in a modern easily managed home.
The ground floor layout has a great flow with a spacious Drawing Room with a door out to the garden and a well proportioned Dining Room which could easily be used as a fourth bedroom. The bright and airy office is also a great feature, as is the ground floor shower room. The spacious open plan kitchen with casual dining and living space is a real statement and with its large glass roof lantern, twin sets of patio doors and picture window it is flooded with natural light. A free standing Heta wood burning stove sits in the corner of the room which also benefits from under floor heating. The kitchen itself was designed by award winning Johanna Montgomery. It is painted wood with Silestone work surfaces and incorporates a range of high quality built in appliances. A separate Utility Room leads out to the car port.
Upstairs the Master Bedroom extends along the rear of the house and enjoys a pleasant outlook with glimpses of the lough and the Ards peninsula. There is good built in storage and a generous ensuite with marble floor and a window. Two further double bedrooms and a family bathroom complete the first floor. From the landing fold down ladder leads to excellent roof space storage which has been floored and includes an electric light and power point.
Outside there are beautiful, but easily maintained gardens which contain an array of specimen shrubs and roses. A feature stone wall, part of which is the original wall from the old walled garden surround the plot. Beyond that are the communal areas of Ferry Quarter including a residents barbecue area overlooking the lough and a woodland path leading to the village.
Strangford is an idyllic coastal village less than an hour from Belfast and offers a wonderful lifestyle surrounded by natural beauty. The village is well served with excellent restaurants, cafes and bars as well as good shops and a popular primary school. The regular ferry takes you over to Portaferry where you will find more amenities including the market and Portico arts centre.
- Stylish detached home in exclusive development on the edge of Strangford village
- Generous site with delightful gardens bound by a feature stone wall
- Bespoke design, high specification and tasteful presentation
- Large Drawing Room, Dining Room, Kitchen with casual dining and living area, spacious office and downstairs shower room
- Contemporary kitchen with designer painted wooden units and Silestone work surfaces, wooden breakfast bar.
- Feature glass roof and two sets of patio doors to rear garden, open plan living area with free standing Heta wood burning stove
- Separate Utility Room with side entrance door
- Very spacious master bedroom with lovely outlook, range of designer built in
furniture and large ensuite
- Two further double bedrooms and family bathroom
- Kingspan timber frame construction with excellent energy efficiency
- Oil fired central heating, pressurised water system, alarm system
- Wiring network for TV / computers
- Floored roof space storage with folding wooden ladder, light and power
- Driveway leading to car port. Outside lighting, shed, wood store and water tap
- Adaptable layout could offer a fourth bedroom on the ground floor which would be served by the ground floor shower room
- Delightful gardens in lawns, patio, trees and flowerbeds containing specimen shrubs and roses etc.
- Communal grounds with path leading through woodland to Strangford village, BBQ area overlooking Strangford Lough
- Within a couple of minutes' walk from the centre of the village which offers a selection of places to eat and drink, a pharmacy, post office, shops and excellent primary school
- Close to the National Trust property at Castle Ward, sandy beaches, coastal walks, golf and yacht clubs and less than an hour from Belfast
- Strangford - named by Sunday Times as one the best places to live in Northern Ireland
laminate oak flooring, angled doors into Living room and Dining room
LIVING ROOM: 17' 5" X 13' 3" (5.30m X 4.05m)
(plus recess 2.7m x 2.1m), laminate oak flooring, large full length picture window overlooking front garden and stone wall, glazed door to side garden, 5 amp lighting circuit on dimmers
DINING ROOM: 13' 6" X 11' 2" (4.12m X 3.40m)
laminate oak flooring
OFFICE: 11' 6" X 6' 7" (3.50m X 2.00m)
Contemporary design with full length windows, recessed spotlights, claoks area with hanging space
SHOWER ROOM: 10' 6" X 3' 9" (3.20m X 1.15m)
White suite comprising shower enclosure with fixed head and hand showers, wall hung wash hand basin and low flush toilet, stylish wall and floor tiling, window and extractor fan
REAR HALLWAY: 9' 10" X 5' 1" (3.00m X 1.55m)
KITCHEN OPEN PLAN TO CASUAL DINING AND LIVING AREA: 27' 7" X 12' 6" (8.40m X 3.80m)
Feature glass roof lantern (4 m x 2 m), twin sets of wide sliding patio doors and a full length picture window to side. Extensive range of contemporary painted wooden units with Silestone work surfaces and inset stainless steel sink with swan neck mixer tap. Shelved larder cupboard with bifold door. Neff slide and hide oven and combination microwave, Neff induction hob with extractor fan above, Bosch dishwasher and large full height fridge and full height freezer. Under counter wine fridge. Recessed spot lights and display lighting
Living area with Heta free standing wood burning stove. Laminate oak flooring throughout. USB sockets.
UTILITY ROOM: 12' 6" X 5' 3" (3.80m X 1.60m)
Fitted with a range of contemporary units and stainless steel sink. Tank for pressurised water system and controls for central heating. Glazed side door to car port
window with pleasant outlook
MASTER BEDROOM: 17' 3" X 11' 2" (5.25m X 3.40m)
(plus built in furniture), Outlook over garden and communal grounds and with glimpses of Strangford Lough and the Ards peninsula. Range of built in bedroom furniture by Johanna Montgomery Design to include wardrobes with hanging space, shelving and drawers. Recessed spot lights, TV point and USB sockets.
ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM: 6' 5" X 6' 3" (1.95m X 1.90m)
White suite comprising fully tiled shower enclosure, wall hung vanity unit and low flush toilet. Marble tiled floor and tiled splashback. Bathroom cabinet with illuminated demisting mirror. Chrome heated towel rail, recessed spot lights, side window and extractor fan
BEDROOM (2): 13' 5" X 8' 4" (4.10m X 2.55m)
Dual aspect with outlook over garden and communal grounds. TV point
BEDROOM (3): 12' 10" X 10' 0" (3.90m X 3.05m)
(at widest points), Front aspect overlooking garden. TV point
BATHROOM: 6' 11" X 6' 7" (2.10m X 2.00m)
White suite comprising Bath with tiled surround, side mixer tap and shower, wall hung vanity unit and low flush toilet. Chrome heated towel rail, recessed spot lights, side window and extractor fan. Illuminated demisting mirror. Stylish tiled floor and splashbacks
Driveway leading to attached car port.
Landscaped gardens in lawns and flowerbeds which contain a variety of specimen shrubs and roses, ornamental trees, large paved patio to rear, outside lighting and water tap. Garden shed and wood store by McMillans of Crossgar.
Landscaped communal areas including path leading down to barbecue area overlooking Strangford Lough and woodland walk to pedestrian gate leading to the village.
From The Square in the centre of Strangford, take the Shore Road
Pass the church on your left and after stone wall turn left into Ferry Quarter
Proceed through second set of gate posts and turn left and left again up the hill
The Hawthorn is on your right
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.